Day two of the Love of Blogging week and its Top Ten Tuesday. Katie at Sluiter Nation has written her top ten reasons why she loves blogging and we are challenged to do the same. So, here are my top ten reasons why I love blogging:
1. Blogging is a therapy for me. I get to write about things that are on my mind and I get to read other people’s blogs too. Blogging has helped me start to come to terms with stuff that has happened and that is more than enough reason for me.
2. I have ‘met’ so many supportive, intelligent, like-minded women. And a few men. I have met bloggers. I have been given so many positive comments and I think that I can actually do this…
3. I am using my degree at last! I graduated with a BA(hons) in creative writing, despite wanting to go to journalism school, and now at the grand old age of 33, I am finally using skills I learnt all those years ago!
4. When I first went back to work after maternity leave I quickly realised that I was spending too much time on housework while the baby slept. Now, I’m writing instead!
5. I have had the privilege to ‘talk’ to other women who have been through traumatic births and I know now that I’m not alone. These women have shared their stories with me and by doing that they have allowed me to grow a little stronger in my efforts to move past this and use it to bring something positive to my life. My blog.
6. My blog doesn’t mind if i’m sad, or upset or opinionated or frivilous. My blog just takes it.
7. My blog is a way of letting my loved ones know about things that are happening and important to me. My husband has me on his daily reader and my mum called today to tell me that she is printing out my blog so that she can read it… it was suggested on twitter that this is very retro of her. I like that description.
8. Twitter. I’ve blogged about it here. Another super-duper supportive community. Its kind of like a twenty-four hour helpline for me!
9. I am writing. So important to me that it is number ten on my list too.
10. I am writing. I love writing, its all I’ve ever wanted to do. I want to write for a living to be honest. Gizza job… ha ha!
So those are my top ten reasons why I love blogging, although they are not really in any particular order I must say.